Sunday, March 8, 2009

Squallywood Clinic March 7th 2009


So yesterday was truly epic and memorable.  My day started early, I mean really early.  Myself and two others successfully made a dawn patrol ski descent that had been calling out to me for many years.  After three days of shooting photos and watching my friends and others enjoying one glorious powder day after the other, I finally had to put down the camera for a run that I will never forget!

Once our dawn patrol mission was complete I was fortunate enough to get a 7:30am tram load up to Squaw Valley USA's Silverado Zone.  Silverado had been closed to the public since receiving 6-8ft of fresh powder.  So you can imagine the condition were pretty darn pristine and I was able to capture some great images of Kyle Oneal, Greg Lyndsey, & Mike Wilson.

The rest of my day was spent with Robb Gaffney & the Squallywood Clinic crew.  We couldn't have been blessed with a more perfect day to hold the clinic.  This year we had three skiers in the clinic named Jim Sloves ("the veteran"), Tom Hicks, and Bill Brougher.  Dwayne Kubischta our very talented Cinematographer shot video of the days events and I captured still shots.  We even got a guest appearance from Mike Wilson who wowed us with 2 monster back flips off cliffs.  The clinic was a great success once again and I'd really like to thank the crew for the memories

Look very closely!

Gregger getting whitewater!

Kyle getting ready to stomp!


Mike Wilson doing what he does!

Squallywood Clinic 2009 Slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment